The Challenge: A major automotive manufacturer producing over 40 million printed pages a year was looking for a strategic partner to provide solutions to address the following areas of concerns:
- Need for a secure customized network solution to streamline file transmission
- Mitigate loss of productivity or critical data in the event of a power outage
- Architect a documented plan to reduce print output by 10% annually
- Control, manage and reduce costs
- Improve daily delivery system for management reports and printed output entering Canada to multiple plant facilities
- Eliminate redundant and inefficient domestic delivery routes
- Established direct secure connections between sending and receiving data centers.
- Customized a fully automated data workflow system; matching each job with the correct print device based on format, to process each file in the most efficient manner.
- Provided a fully functional DR Site at a secondary facility to process all critical applications in the event of a long term outage
- Developed a Creative Strategy for material cost savings
- Green Initiative eliminated unnecessary print through conversation to PDF and online presentment
- Created efficient routing of print and reporting materials
- Identified obsolescence and eliminated unnecessary print
- Facilitated a corporate redesign of business forms and documents
- Conversion of negotiable documents from customized forms for different business groups and facilities to a universal standardized format
- Successfully reduced print output of approximately 7,000 cycles and 3,500,000 million pages per month.
- Over multiple years, total printed pages were reduced 87% to 470,000 per month – for annual savings of over $1,000,000.00.
- Reduction in creative development and data programming for variable composition, and universal form stock for volume discounts – for annual savings of over $150,000.00.
- Reduced internal processing costs of key departments – for annual savings of $75,000.00.
- Reduced transportation costs by through improved routing of deliveries – for annual savings of $22,000.00.